ARS Career Opportunity
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Advanced Research Systems (ARS), a leading manufacturer of cryogenic laboratory equipment, is seeking an engineer with at least 5 years of innovative design experience. The successful candidate will have expertise in some or all of the following areas: vacuum, cryogenics, heat transfer, vibration isolation and scientific laboratory applications. The candidate will be committed to understanding and meeting our customers’ needs, working in close coordination with our sales and production staff. High proficiency with solid modeling packages, especially Solid Works, is needed on day one, as well as a practical understanding of production environments.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will report to the Chief Technology Officer and will play a major role in improving existing products, as well as designing next-generation products. The demands and projects will at times be of high strategic value. The work environment offers an open exchange of ideas within small teams, and a frequent change-of-pace among office, production floor, and customer-site work. Candidates with education levels ranging from bachelors to doctorate, and work experience greater than 5 years will be considered.
• Education levels ranging from Bachelors to PhD will be considered, together with a record of accomplished projects or portfolio.
• Five or more years of professional experience in areas related to vacuum, heat transfer, cryogenics, and other laboratory equipment technologies.
• High proficiency using solid modeling software (ready to roll on day one).
• Ability to work independently on project management and remain flexible inside a collaborative environment.
• Legally eligible to work and reside in the USA
• Provide immediate engineering support for existing sales orders by creating or modifying solid CAD models, issuing drawings, and reviewing jobs throughout their production cycle in the factory.
• Work closely with the sales and production teams to understand customer requirements and to establish timelines for the design, production, testing, shipping, and installation of customer orders.
• Identify and drive improvements impacting the performance and reliability of existing products including cryocoolers, vacuum chambers, temperature-regulated low-vibration sample interfaces, superconducting magnet systems, compressors and automated gas handling systems.
• Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, sales and engineering colleagues to conceive new products based on market and customer requirements.
• Participate in equipment testing, analyze results, and communicate the main findings.
• Visit customer sites to support the installation and commissioning of complex systems (<5% Travel).
• Stay on top of the latest developments in laboratory equipment technology and the needs of the scientific community, by participating in workshops, conferences, and training opportunities.
Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Advanced Research Systems was started in 1986 to provide cryogenic solutions for low temperature research. We have evolved as a world class global manufacturer of closed cycle cryocoolers and custom laboratory cryogenic systems for scientists and universities. Our cryogenic solutions are used for cutting-edge applications and experiments ranging from quantum science, to optical spectroscopy, to neutron scattering. ARS specializes in Helium-Free Cryostats, Flow Cryostats, and Probe Stations; all of which are manufactured in our headquarters in Macungie, Pennsylvania.
ARS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to:
Dr. Lou Santodonato
Chief Technology Officer