Designed for Hall Effect measurements, magnetic property testing, magneto-optical and electro-optical measurements, the CS202I-DMX-12 is well suited for applications where the cryostat has to be placed in the narrow gap of an electromagnet and a magnetic field will be applied to the sample.
As always, the challenge in magnet systems is to shrink the vacuum shroud dimensions to fit inside the narrow gap between magnet poles, to maximize the field. ARS has taken that philosophy to heart in this Hall Effect cryostat. The profile of the vacuum shroud has been reduced to fit the cryocooler like a glove and the optical block has been reduced to allow for the smallest pole spacing.
Due to the narrow axial profile of the CS202I-DMX-12 Hall Effect cryostat, the cold finger can reach the center of most magnets without complicated extensions that reduce cooling power and increase base temperature. This allows the Hall Effect measurements to be made at the lowest possible base temperature.
Additionally, special care has been taken with the material choices in the construction of the Hall Effect cryostat. The vacuum shroud on the CS202I-DMX-12 Hall Effect cryostat is aluminum instead of the standard stainless steel and the OFHC copper radiation shield is polished instead of nickel plated. This gives the cryocooler a low magnetic signature, another characteristic essential for Hall Effect experiments.
- Hall Effect measurements
- Magnetic susceptibility
- UV, VIS, IR
- Electro and photoluminescence
Options & Upgrades
- Narrow gap optical block, DMX-12 (1.62 in.), DMX-12B (1.37 in.)
- No cold tip extension necessary
- Cryogen free
- Non-magnetic one-piece aluminum construction
- Non-magnetic polished OFHC copper radiation shield
- Large, clear view optical windows (1 in.)
- Large sample viewing angle for optical collection (F/1)
- Can operate in any orientation
- Fully customizable
- Cold head (DE-202AI)
- Compressor (ARS-4HW)
- 2 helium hoses
- Aluminum vacuum shroud for Hall Effect measurements, with 2 window ports (DMX-12)
- Non-magnetic OFHC copper radiation shield for Hall Effect measurements
- 2 high purity quartz windows
- Instrumentation for temperature measurement and control:
- 10 pin hermetic feedthrough
- 36 ohm thermofoil heater
- Silicon diode sensor curve matched to (± 0.5 K) for control
- Calibrated Cernox sensor (±5 mK at 4.2 K) with 4 in. free length for accurate sample measurement
- Wiring for electrical experiments:
- 10 pin hermetic feedthrough
- 4 copper wires
- Sample holder for optical and electrical experiments
- Temperature controller
- 4 K cold head (0.1 W @ 4.2 K). Contains rare earth elements that may hinder extremely sensitive measurements.
- 6 K cold head (1 W @ 10 K). Contains rare earth elements that may hinder extremely sensitive measurements.
- Turbo upgrade for faster cooldown times
- High temperature interface
- Very high temperature interface (Not compatible with the RSD-12B radiation shield. Removal of the radiation shield will cause an increase in base temperature.)
- Custom temperature sensor configuration (please contact our sales staff)
- Custom wiring configurations (please contact our sales staff)
- Window material upgrades (custom materials available)
- Sample holder upgrades (custom sample holders available)